Tuesday, October 15, 2013


Troy Colby, Mystical Portraits, Beloit, KS

I found this image searching through some of my favorite photographer's works. I googled Troy Colby's Mystical Portraits remembering how strange they were. This photograph is uncanny to me along with the rest of the series because you have these two children in masks who are what looks like "playing". Its a very dark scene here. Of course it staged, but i find it to be this dark play time that "normal children" don't do. You see this bunny girl choking a younger male with a mask with a chain. How is he being lifted in the air? Why is she choking him? Even though you can't see her face with the mask it looks as if she could possibly be enjoying this. Their close date the photo with the dress. Although this photo was taken at a different time. I like that the edges of the photo are dark which enhances the dark feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment